Wi-Fi & breakfast always included
Palazzo Castriota, originally Palazzo del Tufo, is one of the main building of Naples and it is a fine example of Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
The building, which belonged to De Castriota Scanderbeg, has a facade decorated by a parameter brick with high base on which there's the marble portal.
Inside there's a large hall where, during the Restoration of the eighteenth century, four columns were inserted.
This renovation also allowed the embellishment of the garden reached through an archway into the yard instead.
A portal of Chapel of Santa Maria di Mezzagosto takes place on the right wall of the atrium. It had been transferred from vico Piscicelli.
The portal was removed in 1889 when Count Gioacchino Sabatelli, descendant of Piscicelli, inherited the Palace. In the wall there's indeed an epigraph that concerns the event:
"This old arch, celebrated work of the XV century,
part of the prospectus of the venerable aristocratic chapel of Santa Maria di Mezzagosto in vico Piscicelli, for today's works of this city, the owner Gioacchino Sabatelli here poses the year 1889"